Business insurance helps to keep your company operational when an accident or other event occurs. Oftentimes, these are instances where you have no control over the loss. Perhaps it was a weather event. It could have been a fire or even a theft. When something happens that stops your company from earning income, your business' bottom line is impacted. In many small businesses, even a short delay in the ability to earn revenue leads to long-term financial consequences. Could you afford to pay your employees and meet supplier requirements after an unexpected loss?
What is Business Income Insurance?
If you own a business and an unexpected loss happens, you may need financial support while your company is not able to operate. Business income insurance can provide this. Though policies differ on what is a covered cost, as well as what amount of coverage is in place, this type of business insurance policy can offer a wide range of support to your company. This may include:
- It can aid in keeping your business operational until the goods and services you need are being produced again (in the event of a shutdown, for example).
- It can help replace your lost business income when your company is temporarily closed and unable to operate.
- It can help to cover your business income when your contents are damaged or lost, leaving your company unable to function.
- It can help cover your operating expenses.
- This insurance can also help you to keep paying bills and payroll in the event of a covered occurrence.
Many policies have very specific lengths of time or amounts of coverage that business income insurance provides. However, it is often possible to purchase extended coverage (depending on the availability from the insurance carrier). This can help to extend the coverage for long-term needs. If your company will be struggling for a long period due to a covered event, this coverage helps continue to meet your needs.
Business insurance can help you keep your company operational or financially solvent in the event of a significant incident. For many small businesses, this is financially necessary to make it through such events. Talk to your insurance agent about the availability, amount of coverage and length of coverage you have for business income.
Is your revenue protected against the unexpected? Call Sweet & Baker Insurance Brokers at (415) 512-2100 for more information on San Francisco business insurance.