Commercial Programs / Specializations - Building Maintenance
Building maintenance firms have a variety of insurance and risk management issues to consider. In order to find the best insurance program available, it is critical to examine the firm's operations in detail. If the firm is subcontracting a significant percentage of their operations, then the carriers will consider the risk as that of a general contractor. In this case the number of available markets will be limited. If the firm's employees are performing the work, then there are several standard markets that could offer a proposal.
Some risk management issues to consider are:
- Do you always collect certificates of insurance from subcontractors?
- Do you have a standard, formal written contract with subcontractors?
- If so, does it have a hold harmless/indemnification agreement in your favor?
- Do you always require subcontractors to name you as an additional insured?
- Has your current broker reviewed the insurance provisions of your subcontractor agreement?
Sweet and Baker can help you with these issues as well as help you place your commercial insurance coverages such as:
- General Liability
- Workers Compensation
- Commercial Automobile
- Garagekeepers Liability
- Bailee coverages
We welcome the opportunity to be of assistance and look forward to hearing from you!